COVID-19 PCR (Nasal Swab) Testing Available at AFC Urgent Care in Havertown, PA
Visit Us for PCR (Nasal Swab) Testing. We are Located at 115 W. Eagle Road Havertown, PA 19083.
AFC Urgent Care is now offering the PCR (Nasal Swab) Test at our urgent care center in COVID-19. This test is conducted outside of our facility to keep our other patients and staff safe. Below are some common questions about the PCR test.
What does the PCR (Nasal Swab) Test detect?
The PCR Test will detect if you are actively infected with the COVID-19 virus.
Do I need to make an appointment to receive a COVID-19 PCR test?
Yes, please make a telemedicine appointment to meet with our provider to evaluate you for this test. During that video visit, you will be given instructions on how to receive this test at our urgent care center.
When should I receive a PCR Test to determine if I have an active COVID-19 infection?
A PCR Test is suggested when you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. These symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Persistent cough
A PCR Test is also suggested for:
- First responders
- Health workers
- Employees who need clearance for an employer
- People who have previously tested positive and want current clearance
- People who have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days
- People who generally fear a COVID-19 infection
How is the PCR (Nasal Swab) test administered?
This test requires a nasal swab to collect a sample to be tested.
When should I expect the results from my PCR test at AFC Urgent Care?
In most cases, it takes two to three days for your results to be processed. During times of high testing demand, lab capacity may cause results to arrive in three to five days. We will call you when your results have arrived and discuss with you the next steps, if needed, and answer any questions you may have.
Which lab are you partnered with for your PCR Testing? Who manufactures this test?
We are partnered with LabCorp. The manufacturer of the test is Abbott. The FDA has authorized this test under its Emergency Use Authorization.
How much does the PCR (Nasal Swab) Test cost and the telemedicine visit prior to that?
At this time, there no cost to insured or uninsured patients for either service.
What preventative measures should I take based on the results of my PCR test?
– Negative Result: Continue to follow CDC Guidelines, which include:
- Social distancing
- Frequent hand washing
- Wearing a mask in public
– Positive Result: You should remain at home and separate yourself from anyone else living with you. Monitor your symptoms and contact our physician if you have questions. If your symptoms worsen, call 911.